The Best Time to Replace Your Roof in Colorado
Colorado’s crazy seasons can take a toll on your roof’s lifespan, so finding the best time to replace your roof can be tricky. However, the fall weather in Colorado is typically pretty mild, even though temperatures get a bit cooler. Leaves start to fall during this time of year, which means you’ll need to keep your gutters clear, but due to less harsh weather, fall is usually the best time to replace your roof in Colorado.
After the heat, rain, and hail of summertime and before the icy winter months, schedule a time for roof maintenance.
Fall is the Best Time to Replace Your Roof
Here are some reasons why fall is the best time to take care of those shingles:
- You should inspect your roof for breakage or any other damage after summer weather. Hail and heat can both cause harm, so fall is the best time to determine if it needs to be replaced before colder weather hits. Call us to schedule an inspection for your roof now to determine if you need a replacement.
- The temperatures aren’t too hot nor too cold. On a clear day between 45 and 50 degrees, asphalt shingles will melt and adhere properly to these conditions when replaced (a process called thermal sealing). Your roofers won’t have to work in excessive heat or cold, which makes it easier for them to put more time into the job.
- Your shingles need to be sealed before frigid cold temperatures hit. Shingles become more brittle as the air grows more chilly. A sealant protects them properly from the snow and ice and ensures they won’t blow away with the winds before wintertime.
- You’ll save money on your winter bills. If your HVAC system is located in your house’s attic, replacing your roof will help it operate at its best. This way, you and your guests will stay warm all winter long without increased heating bills.
- It’s the prime time to patch up holes and other issues that can worsen in cooler temperatures. Take care of basic maintenance now before it gets out of hand. You’ll want to avoid paying for bigger roofing problems in the future by taking care of them now.
Consider these tips to save time and money on your roof in the long run. Give us a call with any questions you have!