Hail Season in Colorado
Hail season in Colorado… Just hearing those words is enough to make any Coloradan tremble. We all know that our beloved state of Colorado is no stranger to extreme weather, and hailstorms are one of the many challenges we face here in the beautiful Front Range area. If you’ve ever experienced the fury of a hailstorm, you know the damage it can cause, especially to our homes and roofs. But fear not! B&M Roofing, your local roofing experts, are here to help you weather the storm.
How Common is Hail in Colorado?
Colorado is located right in the heart of”Hail Alley,” a region stretching from Wyoming to Texas that sees some of the most intense hailstorms in North America.
So, it’s safe to say that hail is no stranger to our state.
But just how often do we find ourselves dodging icy pellets from the sky?
How often are hail storms in Colorado?
Hailstorms can occur at any time of the year in Colorado, but they are most common during the spring and summer months. In fact, Colorado averages about three to four major hailstorms each year. That’s right, Mother Nature can really throw one hail of a party!
In just a short length of time, maybe even just one spring/summer, you’ve likely experienced at least a few hailstorms. It’s practically a rite of passage for all Coloradans. But hey, look on the bright side – at least we have some interesting stories to tell our friends from out of state! And the pictures to prove them!
When is Hail Season in Colorado?
Hail season in Colorado typically runs from late spring to late summer (with some storms even in early fall), with the highest frequency of hailstorms occurring in May, June, July, and August. Sometimes as early as April.
It’s during this time that our unpredictable weather patterns can turn a sunny day into a hailstorm in the blink of an eye.
So, when you hear those ominous rumblings and see dark clouds gathering, it’s a good idea to keep an eye on the sky and be prepared for the possibility of hail.
What Month Has The Most Hail in Colorado?
Ah, the million-dollar question: what month brings us the most hail in Colorado?
Well, statistically speaking, July takes the crown.
It seems that summer is the season when hailstones like to make their grand entrance, causing havoc and making our roofs feel like they’re under attack.
So, if you’re planning any outdoor activities during this month, make sure you have a contingency plan in case a hailstorm decides to crash the party.
What Part of Colorado Gets the Most Hail?
Now, you might be wondering if hailstorms play favorites when it comes to the different regions of Colorado. And the answer is, yes, they do!
While hail can strike anywhere in our beautiful state, certain areas tend to see more hail than others.
So, where should you be on high alert for hail?
The Front Range
Well, lucky for us, we’re right here in the Front Range area, and boy, do we get our fair share of hailstorms. From Fort Collins to Denver and all the cities in between, we’re in the prime zone for hail. It’s like living in the middle of a giant target that Mother Nature likes to aim for. But fear not, because B&M Roofing, based right here in Frederick, is at your service to protect your roofs from hail damage.
If you venture out east towards the Plains, you’ll find another hail hotspot.
The Eastern Plains of Colorado experience frequent hailstorms, thanks to the unique weather patterns that sweep across the region. So, if you’re a proud resident of the Eastern Plains, you know the drill – keep an eye on the sky, seek shelter when necessary, and make sure your roof is prepared to withstand the hail onslaught. We do also service this region, so don’t hesitate to call us, as we’re not far away.
Now, you might think that the mountainous regions would be safe from hail, but think again! Even our majestic mountains are not immune to hailstorms. In fact, the high elevation and unique atmospheric conditions can create perfect conditions for hail formation. So, whether you’re living in the foothills or high up in the Rockies, it’s essential to have a sturdy roof that can withstand the impact of hailstones. If you find yourself “up the hill” from us, unfortunately, we do not service your area. We are happy to give recommendations, though, if you contact us.
Protecting Your RoofDuring Hail Season
Now that we’ve established that hail season in Colorado is a force to be reckoned with, let’s talk about how you can protect your roof from hail damage. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Inspect Your Roof Regularly: Before hail season hits, it’s a good idea to inspect your roof for any signs of damage or vulnerability. Look for loose or damaged shingles, cracks, or weak spots that could be susceptible to hail impact. If you’re not comfortable doing the inspection yourself, you can always rely on the experts at B&M Roofing to assess the condition of your roof.
- Consider Impact-Resistant Roofing Materials: When it comes to hail, not all roofing materials are created equal. Consider investing in impact-resistant roofing materials that are designed to withstand the force of hailstones. Options such as asphalt shingles with a higher impact resistance rating or metal roofing can provide an added layer of protection for your home.
- Maintain Proper Roof Ventilation: Adequate roof ventilation is crucial for preventing heat and moisture buildup in your attic, which can weaken the structure of your roof. Make sure your attic is properly ventilated to reduce the risk of hail damage and other roofing issues.
- Trim Trees and Overhanging Branches: During a hailstorm, overhanging branches can pose a significant risk to your roof. Trim any branches that are close to your roof or could potentially fall onto it during a storm. This will help minimize the chances of damage from falling branches and hail impact.
- Consider Impact-Resistant Skylights: Skylights can add beauty and natural light to your home, but they can also be vulnerable to hail damage. If you have skylights, consider upgrading to impact-resistant options that are designed to withstand the impact of hailstones.
- Insurance Coverage: Review your homeowner’s insurance policy to understand what coverage you have for hail damage. Ensure that your policy adequately protects your home and belongings in the event of a hailstorm. If you have any questions or concerns about your coverage, don’t hesitate to reach out to your insurance provider.
Trust B&M Roofing for Your Hail-Related Roofing Needs
When it comes to hail season in Colorado, having a reliable and local roofing partner can make all the difference. That’s where B&M Roofing comes in. As your trusted roofing experts in the Front Range area, we understand the unique challenges posed by hailstorms, and we’re here to help you navigate through them.
Here’s why choosing B&M Roofing for your hail-related roofing needs is a smart move:
- Local Expertise: We are a local company based in Frederick, Colorado. Being in the heart of the Front Range area allows us to respond quickly and effectively to any roofing emergencies or hail-related issues. We know the ins and outs of Colorado weather and the specific needs of roofs in our region.
- Timely Response: When hail strikes, time is of the essence. With B&M Roofing, you can count on us to respond promptly to your roofing needs. We understand the urgency and will work diligently to assess and repair any hail damage to your roof.
- Quality Workmanship: We take pride in our work and strive for excellence in every project we undertake. Our experienced roofing professionals are skilled in identifying and repairing hail damage, ensuring that your roof is restored to its optimal condition.
- Customer Satisfaction: Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. We believe in building strong relationships based on trust, transparency, and exceptional customer service. We’ll guide you through the entire process, from the initial assessment to the final repairs, ensuring your satisfaction every step of the way.
Remember, hail season in Colorado may be unpredictable, but you can take proactive steps to protect your roof and minimize the impact of hailstorms. And when you need a reliable roofing partner, B&M Roofing is just a call away.
Don’t let hailstorms rain on your parade. Reach out to B&M Roofing today and let us help you weather the storm with confidence!
Call us today at 303.938.9642 to schedule a visit from our emergency repair team or visit our leak repair request page to submit your information and have one of our team members contact you.
Our 24/7 support line is here to help immediately with emergency roof repair. Calling sooner means less of a wait and more opportunities to repair before extensive damage is done. We offer work throughout Colorado, including:
- Colorado Springs
- Fort Collins
- Rocky Mountain areas
- Surrounding states including Wyoming, Utah, Kansas, Nebraska