There’s almost nothing like the moment of sheer panic when you first hear the sound of dripping water coming from the ceiling, or golf ball-sized hail bouncing off of your roof. When disaster strikes, B&M Roofing of Colorado offers Emergency Roof Repair services to minimize the time your roof and home are left exposed to further damage.
Roof damage comes in all shapes and sizes, but in some cases it constitutes a true emergency. In particular, leaks can cause costly and potentially dangerous issues in your home if left unchecked.
Attics and ceilings may become moldy, which can pose health risks to you and your family. Residual moisture can pose a fire threat in the event of shorted wires in your attic or ceiling. In the long run, unaddressed damage can even severely impact the structural integrity of your home. Additionally, in the most serious cases, wind or hail damage can also lead to permanent damage.
Any and all of these complications that can arise from unchecked roof damage will put your family in danger and lead to expensive, painstaking repairs in the future. It is extremely important that you act as quickly and decisively as possible after noticing an issue with your roof in order to protect your home and loved ones.
You can’t put off repairing roof damage until it works for a roofing company’s schedule. Emergency response estimators and teams are here when your roof needs immediate attention. They’re highly trained to assist you with the following issues:
Roof damage analysis
Next time your roof can’t wait, trust B&M’s fast and affordable Emergency Roof Repair services. Call today at 303.443.5843 to schedule a visit from our emergency repair team, or visit our Leak Repair Request Page to schedule a timely visit from a team member.
More than just your cars are vulnerable during a hail storm. We all know that hailstorms can be destructive, but the amount of damage can vary. If you live in Colorado, chances are, hail is in your future. Are you aware of how to identify hail damage on your roof?
Building materials will all absorb hail impacts differently. For example, hail may cause small dings in siding, gutters or asphalt shingles. While hailstorms may cause cracks in vinyl siding and wood shakes. If the hail is large and dense enough — the possibility of a roof puncture becomes greater. Keep in mind, the age and condition of your roof will also affect the amount of damage done.
What does hail damage look like?
*We do NOT advise climbing up on your roof to check. Instead, walk around the perimeter of your home and look for any visible damage. If you are concerned there may be deeper damage that is not visible, please call a professional to come look.
- Check for missing pieces in the asphalt of the roof. Look for areas on the shingle that have exposed, black substrate. This means the granules of the asphalt have been compromised or knocked off by something.
- Search for bruising in the shingles. Dents from hail are not always completely visible. Run your hand over the shingle to feel for small dimples in the surface.
- Look for cracking in the shingle. Large hail can make a circular crack if the hail hits it hard enough
At B&M Roofing, we service everything from small residential roofs to large, complicated commercial properties throughout Colorado and surrounding areas. We’re extremely proud of the work we do and confident in our quality of craftsmanship. Don’t wait to inspect your roof or try to do the repairs on your own. Contact B&M Roofing to check your roof for hail damage and help you repair.
It’s that time of year! As we all know, hailstorms in Colorado can strike without much (or any) warning, leaving you with little time to react. The best advice we can give is to be prepared and know what to do in order to help you and your family stay safe while also minimizing damage.
What is hail?
If you live in Colorado, you know the damage hail and cause but did you know that it is formed when water vapor in updrafts reaches a freezing point? Ice is formed and is suspended in the air by updrafts and falls down to be coated by water again. This process can occur over and over again, adding several layers to the hailstone, which is how golf ball-size hail can occur. While the average hailstorm only lasts five minutes, the damage can be extremely detrimental.
Maximize knowledge & Minimize hail damage
- Consider signing up for local weather alerts, which will send you warnings when hailstorms are approaching.
- If you’re on the road frequently (i.e. commuting) know where the closest parking garages are so you can safely ride out the storm. If you can’t reach a garage before the storm hits, pull under an overpass, gas station canopy or similar spot that can help protect you and your car from hail.
- Once you know a hailstorm is coming, close your drapes, blinds or windows to help prevent the wind from blowing in broken glass.
- While the weather is nice, be sure to maintain your trees and shrubbery in your yard. Especially for those taller trees that are closer to your roof, remove any weak branches.
- If possible, park your vehicles inside a garage or under a carport.
- If you can’t get your car to shelter, raid your linen closet and cover the car with any thick blankets, comforters or even large towels. The more layers, the better!
- Bring all patio and lawn furniture inside or under a covered area.
- After a hailstorm, call B&M Roofing to inspect your roof shingles for wind or hail damage.
- Inspect your gutters, downspouts, siding and trim for hail dings.
- The roofing materials offered by B&M Roofing are the most impact-resistant roofing materials, proven to be able to withstand Colorado weather.
- After a serious hailstorm, be sure to call your insurance company to schedule a damage assessment and then give B&M Roofing a call to make any necessary repairs.
At B&M Roofing, we service everything from small residential roofs to large, complicated commercial properties throughout Colorado and surrounding areas. We’re extremely proud of the work we do and confident in our quality of craftsmanship. The next time a hailstorm rolls around (which could be this weekend) don’t hesitate to give us a call before or after to help you prepare or repair.
As we approach the middle of winter and as we get closer to prime hail season (March/April) you’re probably wondering what the weather will do to your roof. If you live in Colorado, chances are you’ll see some sizable hail this year, which is where B&M Roofing comes in. If you know your roof really can’t take another hail beating, take a look at our damage checklist that walks you through what you need to know and do to ensure your roof replacement goes smoothly.
Assess your roof for storm damage: We do NOT advise climbing up on your roof to do this. Instead, walk around the perimeter of your home and photograph any visible damage. Fairly obvious signs of damage may include dented, torn, curled or missing shingles.
Look for leaks & water spots in your attic and ceilings: Roof damage can be deceiving. Even if your roof looks undamaged from the outside, wind and hail may have caused significant leaks internally. Be sure to check your ceilings and light fixtures for signs of water damage. Inspect your attic closely with a flashlight to really get a sense for any hidden damage.
Check your gutters and windows: Again, roof damage can be deceiving. While your shingles may look fully intact, dents in gutters and roof vents may point to hidden and serious damage. Do not forget to inspect windows for cracks, loose weatherstripping and torn screens.
Inspect the area around your home: While some things may be obvious, like fallen tree limbs or broken fences, total damage may be hidden. Assess any damage to lawn furniture and exterior decorations. Check all flat surfaces such as patios and decks for additional signs of hail damage.
Call your insurance company: Refer to your notes, report a claim with your insurance company and arrange for a more detailed inspection.
Remember, after a storm there will likely be a number of contractors competing for your attention. To REALLY be prepared for hail damage, be sure to get to know contractors around town before hail season rolls in. Finding a contractor you trust is a crucial aspect of a smooth roof replacement.
At B&M Roofing, we come equipped with extensive knowledge and comprehensive industry experience. With more than 60 years of experience, we’re not here to scam you; we’re here to make sure your roof is safe and sturdy.
For more information on B&M Roofing or to simply get to know us before hail season hits, give us a call at 303-443-5843.